April 21, 2014

Easter Weekend in Iowa

I hope everyone had a fantastic Easter weekend.  We headed down to Ankeny on Friday to spend the weekend with my family and we had a blast.  It was the first time that we had been down there since Parker was 2 weeks old.  Now that he is getting bigger, I was looking forward to getting him and Kellen, my sister's little boy, together.  Boy oh boy did we have a great time. 

I was going through all my photos tonight trying to figure out which ones to blog and I just have so many good ones and I couldn't pick.  So, this is going to be a long blog of our entire weekend and all the different activities we did.



On Saturday, Grandpa Klein had a special task for each of the boys.  Grandpa wants to plant a pumpkin patch this year and each boy had to plant their own little seed so that Grandpa could get it started.  Then this summer, we will plant the the pumpkin plant out in the garden and watch it grow so we can have pumpkins for this fall.




The boys also got to go in the John Deere trailer filled with Easter eggs and Grandpa driving the "tractor."  (Don't worry, we actually didn't drive it anywhere, we just took pictures :))



In the evening, Grandma & Grandpa gave the boys their Easter buckets.  Parker got some new books, clothes and a little bunny.  Grandma also gave the boys matching pajamas that they each wore to bed in anticipation of the Easter Bunny coming!




Then came Sunday!  I think I was more excited for the morning then Parker (well I guess he is only 3 months old.)  I had bought Parker an Easter basket from Pottery Barn Kids and got a liner with his name monogrammed on it.  I swear, Pottery Barn Kids is staying in business because of me…I am such a sucker for all their stuff.  Haha.  Then of course you had to buy some goodies to fill the basket…



Parker loved his Easter basket!  We also got a good family photo this weekend!


We had a great weekend down in Ankeny and a great Easter holiday.  We hope that you guys all had great weekends as well.  

Stay tuned tomorrow (assuming I actually get it done), but Parker turned 3 months today so we will post our photo shoot tomorrow.  I can't believe he is already 3 months old.


No comments:

Post a Comment