October 13, 2014

Corn Maze

On Sunday, Laramie headed out to Seattle for work, so Parker and I went up to Eden Prairie to hang out with my sister Brittany and nephew, Kellen.  They moved up to MN about two months ago and we haven't been able to have a play-date yet!  So Sunday was the day!

We headed down to Shakopee to Sever's Corn Maze.  The place is huge.  They have pumpkins, a corn pit, petting zoo, giant slide, a huge corn maze and many other activities for kids.  We attempted the corn maze, but after getting into the maze and actually looking at the map, we looked at each other and decided we could easily get lost in this, so lets just do a quick loop and say we did it (it's our little secret.)

The corn pit was quite interesting.  It was literally this giant area full of shelled corn that was about 2-3 feet deep.  Brittany was the first brave one to go in with both the kiddos.


Parker was cool with the pit.  I was pretty impressed that he didn't start eating the corn.  There was only once where I had to grab a small corn cob out of his mouth.  Yuck!!!  Kellen, however, was not the biggest fan of the pit.  Every time he tried to stand up, he would just sink and he did not like that!



I think this trip was more for the Mom's than it was for the kiddos, because lets be honest, there wasn't much to do there for an 8 month old and an 11 month old, but we still had a great time.  We used the time for some good photo ops :)



Oh Kellen!  That's all I can say to that one!

They had a small pumpkin patch of pre-picked pumpkins, so of course we used that for some good photos.



"This is the pumpkin I want Mom!"

We had a great time and decided that this will be an annual trip each fall.  It was great to hang out with my sister and her little boy.  I can definitely see more play-dates in the near future.


Happy Fall Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment