December 9, 2012

The Gala

 
This weekend was a weekend to remember.  Last night we went to the retirement gala for the Chairman of the company we work for.  It was our first black tie affair!  Laramie had to rent a tux and I got a new dress.  The event was up at the St. Paul RiverCentre.  We had a great time and there were a ton of people there.  During dinner there were also music performances by The Overtones, Pia Toscano (she was the American Idol Season 10 favorite) and Kenny G. 
 

Dinner was then followed by a dance and once again Kenny G performed.  Of course all of the ladies were swooning towards the stage to watch him.  He was amazing to watch and is so good.  The evening was an absolute blast and I am so glad we were able to attend and be apart of such a special evening.
 
 
 
Today was more of a recovery day.  I stayed up way to late last night and probably had a bit too much wine :)  We left St. Paul this morning and had a nice ride back home on the snowy and icy roads.  I am not going to complain though, I am so excited that the ground is finally white!
 
This evening we decided to make cookies!  I watched Christmas movies all afternoon so it got me into the spirit of making Christmas cookies.  I mixed up all the ingredients and then Laramie helped me roll the dough into the colored sugar to make our Christmas sugar cookies.
 
 
 
 
Laramie's cookies got a little big that they actually started to look more like pancakes and not cookies  :)  I think you can tell mine compared to Laramie's.  Hahaha.  They still tasted good though!
 
 
While we were baking our cookies we happened to look outside and it had started snowing again.  It was a beautiful snow.  I love this time of year and I love a fresh snow fall where the backyard hasn't been disturbed yet and its a perfect bed of snow.
 
 
Happy Holidays everyone!
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment