This weekend Laramie and I went to the Iowa vs. Purdue football game down in Iowa City. We went with some friends from Owatonna that are Iowa fans. We were cheering for anyone but Iowa! It made it easy to cheer for Purdue since Laramie played baseball there.
We got there a couple hours before the game and did some tailgating. Mark and Carol were trying to get us converted to Iowa fans, but it just wasn't working...
They tried to get us to wear the yellow hair but we weren't digging it. Also, please take note of the Iowa State mug...just had to do it!
Mark & Laramie before the game.
About 30 minutes prior to kickoff we started walking up to the stadium so we could get some food. Carol was so kind to take a photo for us. This is what we think of Iowa Hawkeyes!
The game was a good game. Purdue scored the first touchdown of the game and from there on out Purdue led the game. In the 4th quarter, Iowa scored a touchdown to tie it up at 24-24. There was about 2 minutes left on the clock and Purdue brought it down to about the Iowa 30 yard line and went for the field goal with 3 seconds left. They WON!!!!
We had a great time with Mark & Carol and from the sounds of it, we will be going to West Lafayette next year for the Iowa vs. Purdue game. You may have noticed that neither Laramie and I had Purdue gear on...long story. Short version is that my shirt and face tattoos didn't arrive in time and actually got delivered on Saturday afternoon. That does me real good. So, I had to take a picture of what I was suppose to be wearing for the game yesterday...
I will have it ready for next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment