I got a new recipe book in the mail the other day and thought I would share it with everyone. Its called Busy Girl, Healthy Life. The author, Lori Harder, actually lives up in Minneapolis.
Tonight I made one of the recipes in her book called Turkey Chili and it was delicious! It had a great combination of a sweet taste with a kick. It was so good and Laramie thought it was really good. If he thinks the chili is good, its a keeper :). I thought I would share the recipe with you guys tonight.
Turkey Chili
2lbs ground turkey
1 medium diced onion
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 - 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
2 - 15oz cans diced tomatoes with chilies
4 Tbsp tomato paste
1 bottle of light beer
15 oz can beef broth
2 Tbsp each of ground cumin and chili powder
1 tsp each of cocoa powder and dried oregano
2 bay leaves
7 packets stevia or 1/4 c. sugar
2 - 15 oz cans great northern or navy beans
1 serving brown rice
1. Brown ground turkey and onions until turkey is fully cooked. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more
2. Add beer, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes with chilies, tomato paste, beef broth, bay leaves, cumin, chili powder, cocoa and oregano. Mix well. Stir in beans, cooked rice and sweetener.
3. Simmer for 30 minutes. Remove bay leaves.
This recipe is awesome and good for you. Check out more of Lori's recipes on her website at: www.busygirlhealthylife.com. I would highly recommend her recipe book as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment