February 5, 2014

Parker Jon Sandquist

Wow, a lot has happened since that last time I blogged.  I seem to say that a lot, but really, a lot has happened.  Christmas has come and gone and we are already into 2014.  But the biggest thing that has happened to the Sandquist's is that Parker Jon was born on January 21st!

Now, some may remember from previous post that my due date was not until February, so yes, Parker was about 3 weeks early, but he was ready to make his appearance.  He was born at 8:08 am, weighed 5 lbs 15 oz and was 19 1/4 inches long.

Since he was three weeks early, his arrival came as quite a surprise.  I woke up that Tuesday morning at about 5am not feeling very well.  I got up, walked around and then climbed back into bed.  Finally around 5:30am I got back up and was just going to shower and get ready for the day.  Well, I walked into the bathroom and basically walked right back out, woke up Laramie and told him that I either peed my pants or my water just broke, but I think we should probably go to the hospital.

We arrived at the hospital a little after 6am and sure enough it was my water that had broke and I was dilated at a 4.  They got me moved into a delivery room and I remember saying to Laramie, "we could have a baby by this afternoon!"  The doctor came in probably around 7:15am and checked me and said that he thought the baby was breached and he needed to do a c-section right away.  At first I didn't understand the need for rushing, but afterwards I found out that I was already dilated at an 8 and there wasn't time to get the baby flipped.

So anyway, I was prepped for the OR and finally given an epidural (those contractions were awful!)  They also got Laramie prepped as well.  Haha. 


After getting prepped, Laramie came in and held my hand and by 8:08am we found out that we had a healthy baby BOY!  The sound of his cry was the best sound that I think I have ever heard.  They took him to get cleaned off and Laramie went with him.  Laramie got to cut the umbilical cord as well.


I remember a saying that a friend told me when we were in the hospital.  "You arrive at the hospital as a couple and leave the hospital as a family."  I love this saying because its so true and we couldn't be happier to have Parker in our lives and help us start our family.


On our last day, I asked one the nurses to take a photo of our wrist's along with Parker's foot showing our ID bracelets we wore all week.  I think the picture turned out pretty neat.


About a week after Parker was born, we had his newborn photos taken and they are adorable.  Here are a few of my favorites:




This next photo is my all time favorite.  I love the way he is looking into the camera and he is wide awake waiting for all the things life has in storm for him…


We also got a great FAMILY photo…


I have a tons more photos from when we were in the hospital, plus I have maternity photos that were taken the day before Parker was born.  I will try to get all my photos downloaded and then we will backtrack a little bit and get everyone caught up on things.

Life has changed so much since Parker has entered our lives, but we are loving every second of it.  He is such a blessing and we absolutely adore him.


No comments:

Post a Comment