Today Laramie and I went to the Minnesota Zoo!
This was the first time that I had ever been here, so I was super excited. We headed first to the Tropical area and saw tons of different animals, including monkeys and a komodo dragon. We also saw different types of birds, turtles, alligators and flamingos.
Next, we headed to Discovery Bay where they had all the sea life. This is the last year that the Minnesota Zoo has dolphins so I was really excited to see those, but unfortunately they were in a different exhibit area so we didn't get to see them at all. We moved on and went to an aquarium where they were feeding a Zebra Shark. It was need to watch them feed it. It just sucks the food right off the claw. They are more like bottom feeder sharks and not like a typical shark.
We moved on to the outdoor area. Here are some ground hogs and a yak.
Can't forget about the random camel that was just chilling in the water...
My favorite part of the zoo was the Grizzly Bears. There were three of them in the cage and one was swimming next to the window where all the kids were lined up, including myself (yes, I did consider myself a kid today) :) The bear was so fun to watch, he just kept swimming back and forth.
The other two bears were just relaxing...
We had a great time at the zoo. We did a ton of walking around and my legs are tired! The weather was perfect to enjoy the day and the animals.
No comments:
Post a Comment